Visit the CareFusion website to apply.
Job Title: Performance Consultant for Dispensing Hospital International
Job Family Group (Function): Learning
Job Family: Performance Consulting
The Learning and Performance Consultant will provide learning and development support for Dispensing Hospital International (DHI). DHI is divided into four regions; Europe & Africa, Middle East, Asia and Australia/New Zealand. The DHI group includes direct and indirect resources responsible for installing and servicing Dispensing product groups such as Pyxis, Rowa, CCE and Pharmogistics. DHI also serves as a distributor for OEM products such as BlisPack and Metro carts. The Performance Consultant will partner with DHI leaders to understand the business, analyze organizational performance needs, and provide training and performance improvement expertise to develop and deliver training and performance support solutions to effectively close the gaps and impact the bottom line. The Performance Consultant will report to and work as part of GCS Education Services to ensure training strategy alignment and consistency with domestic Dispensing training solutions. He/She will be responsible for developing product expertise and ensuring that DHI resources are qualified and competent to implement and service our products.
What is expected of you for success in your role:
- Provides program management of learning related initiatives focusing on product installation, technical support, service, etc. for each of the product lines and creates detailed project plans for each program.
- Assesses learning and performance needs of Direct and Indirect resources across the four regions. Creates custom learning plans to support the team’s learning needs and in accordance to region/country specific requirements.
- Partners with Business leaders, R&D, Marketing, and GCS staff to assess business and learning needs and build learning and performance solutions. Manages the design, development, implementation, and evaluation of those solutions.
- Designs and develops learning and performance support materials utilizing a variety of technical tools (Articulate Storyline, Dreamweaver, SharePoint, Captivate, Camtasia, etc.).
- Develops and delivers learning content and training materials in collaboration with other GCS Education consultants in order to customize training materials for the DHI audience.
- Works with subject matter experts (SMEs) to develop and deliver face-to-face or virtual instructor-led sessions using adult learning principles to enhance the learning experience.
- Delivers learning sessions using multiple technologies such as virtual classroom, self-paced elearning modules, video sessions, blended learning, performance support materials, etc.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of learning solutions and performance interventions against the business needs; provides metrics summarizing effectiveness and making recommendations for improvement to key stakeholders.
- Creates performance support activities, tools and resources to reinforce and sustain learning sessions.
- Creates and manages communications, Sharepoint portals, etc.
- Balances a heavy workload in a fast-paced environment, while working on multiple projects simultaneously. Sets individual priorities in context with team priorities, to meet goals in the face of multiple demands.
- Is agile and flexes with business strategy changes.
- Acts as a key contributor in a complex environment. This is an individual contributor position with no subordinates.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Education, Adult Learning, Communications, or related field required. Master’s degree in Education Technology, Instructional Design, Education, Interactive Media, or Learning Systems preferred.
- Experience: 5-7 years experience in training and development, facilitation in matrix and product focused organizations.
- Industry experience with Medical Devices, HIT, product implementation and support in a global environment preferred.
- Knowledge of Pyxis, Pharmogistics, and medical device industry preferred.
- Good project management experience and effective organizational skills.
- Confident and results-driven; consultative orientation, strong people and process/project management capability.
- Ability to develop and deliver learning to a wide range of audiences and cultures.
- Ability to provide instructional design expertise to technical experts in the development of technical training programs.
- Ability to independently develop complex L&D interventions and training solutions.
Knowledge of training methodologies, adult learning requirements, needs assessment and evaluation.
- Outstanding communicator; an individual who possesses superior written/verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to present his/her views in a clear and compelling manner.
- Attention to detail while multi-tasking several complex deliverables across multiple groups, cultures, and time zones.
- Knowledge of industry-standard authoring tools (Captivate, Articulate, SharePoint, etc.).
- Adaptability; learns quickly and responds positively to complexity.
- Comfortable working in a changing environment.
- Team player with superior people skills
- Travel: 20-30%
- Multilingual Candidates preferred
CareFusion is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
: California-San Diego-San Diego – TC Blds C & D
: Yes, 25 % of the Time